Belated! I missed it!
I intended to write about our first year and celebrate the occasion, but somehow, we thought it was May 29th and it was actually May 22nd. I looked at my old year’s calendar and discovered the notation: “We’re Here!” On the 22nd! How time flies.
But here we are, just over one year later, now into June, exhilarated by our good fortune to have found and become blessed by the house on the hill. We can’t imagine living anyplace else.
We’re still tweeking and perfecting the space for our needs and esthetic preferences. We’re still arguing about color gradations. We’re still at odds about the usage of the Grumpy Room. But we’re home.
There are many reasons why Fergus Falls, Minnesota, is a fit.
1. We have never slipped so easily into friendships. And so many. Our social calendar is complicated and full. Just this week I’m looking at – writer’s group party at Rod’s at Battle Lake, dinner with Valerie and Anders at Guttenberg Heights, “Peony Party” at Sandy’s, Concerts In The Park, with Farmer’s Market. To name a few.
2. This old house is looking more and more like home. New configurations and re-organization have made all the difference. The vegetable garden is expanding day by day. The new perennial bed is happening. We bought and planted a crab apple tree (Red Baron).
3. Tomorrow I’m on the radio! Yes. How did that happen? I hope I don’t choke or make a fool of myself. I will be the co-host of a call-in garden program with Bev Johnson (no relation) who is part of the Master Gardener group in Otter Tail County.
4. We have spent “quality time” with family. Memorial weekend with Aunt Lil, going to all the family cemeteries for dedications and ceremonies. Coming up – a big family celebration honoring Aunt Lilah and Uncle Ralph. I couldn’t like it more.
5. And – oh yes – did I mention – we love it here!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US!
STRAW BALE UPDATE
MUSHROOMS IN THE STRAW!
NEW PERENNIAL BED
THE RED BARON
MEMORIAL DAY – FERGUS FALLS STYLE
MEMORIAL DAY IN THE RAIN – HICKSON, N.D.
MEMORIES FROM GRANDMA PAULINE AND MARIE