Category Archives: COMMUNITY

X MARKS THE SPOT

We have officially been marked. Branded. Condemned.       And along with the shocking scarlet letter, we received an official communication from the city of Fergus Falls, MN which notified us that the Tree Inspector had made his … Continue reading

Posted in COMMUNITY, favorite things, Gardening, minnesota life, trees | Leave a comment

TIME-OUT

No excuses. In the past I have pled bronchitis. And that old devil, Writer’s Block. Both sincerely good reasons to abandon one’s brain along with the keyboard. But this long time-out from posting on Snowbirdredux is wholly related to a … Continue reading

Posted in COMMUNITY, faith, Family, favorite things, food, friendship, memories | Leave a comment

PATRIOTISM/MATRIOTISM

I just emailed my friends, Al and Amy. We keep in touch. Usually I let them know how passionate I feel about an issue and they write back and thank me. And let me know what’s going on in their … Continue reading

Posted in COMMUNITY, global warming, In Memorium, MOTHER'S DAY, politics, WEATHER | 1 Comment

ULTIMATE DRIVING CHALLENGE

I thought I had signed up for something called “Defensive Driving Class.” Sounded a bit combative to me. Something like Martial Arts on Wheels and not at all like our Minnesota Nice, where a typical lane merging on the … Continue reading

Posted in COMMUNITY, DRIVING, education, SENIOR CITIZENS | Leave a comment

KINDRED SPIRITS

(Finally. Back from bronchial purgatory. Thanks for your wishes and concerns.) When we first moved to Minnesota, Pastor Sarah of the Shepard of the Prairie Lutheran Church of Hickson, North Dakota (the familial family spiritual home base), invited me to … Continue reading

Posted in COMMUNITY, CYBERSPACE, faith, friendship, introspection, religion, spirituality, writing | 1 Comment

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Some days you just hate to pick up the morning paper for all the disastrous news of the world. We have a routine at our house. I put on my boots (this time of year), button my down jacket over … Continue reading

Posted in COMMUNITY, education, global warming, introspection, minnesota life, politics, writing | Leave a comment

CONVERSATION AMONG STRANGERS

I recently participated in a group where the discussion topic was an examination of spirituality. How to find it? Is it important? What is it like? Where is it? Does it exist? You wouldn’t have been surprised to hear words … Continue reading

Posted in COMMUNITY, faith, favorite things, friendship, introspection, spirituality | 1 Comment